frequently asked questions
How do I become SFR® certified?
Follow these steps:
- Be a member in good standing with the National Association of REALTORS®
- Complete the SFR® certification course (online or in the classroom)
- Once NAR sends you acknowledgment of your course credit, submit your one-time application fee of $175 to complete your certification.
Note: You may not promote yourself as SFR® certified until you are notified via email that you have been awarded the certification.
What are the benefits of the SFR® certification?
- Education in classroom or online formats that fit your schedule
- Access to an electronic toolkit with practical forms and worksheets
- SFR® logo and marketing materials to promote your certification
- Differentiation as an SFR® on nar.realtor, realtor.com®, and listing in the SFR® directory
- Access to an exclusive SFR® Facebook networking group to share ideas and resources
Bonus! The SFR® course is an approved elective for the Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) designation.
I'm ready to get started with my coursework. Where do I begin?
Does the SFR® certification course count toward the ABR® designation?
How long is the certification course?
- The classroom course is one day
- The online course will take approximately 6 hours
Is there a deadline to complete the online course?
I’m an international student. Can I still take this course?
Is CE credit available for the online course?